Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Nifty Napkin Rings

When I was younger, the general store in my hometown had a massive bucket of buttons. All kinds of buttons. All shades, all sizes. I loved running my hands through them just to watch it all fall through my little fingers.

That's why this project caught my eye. It would be easy to do with kids, but you could also really make it something special. Use all yellow buttons (in different sizes and shapes of course). Coordinate the colors with your Thanksgiving decorations or your china. If you don't want the light color of the wooden popsicle sticks, you could easily paint these with a dark brown or gray tempera paint (spray paint even).

[I get that these are supposed to look like corn, but it would be neat done without that intention.]

Be sure to check out the step-by-step instructions.

(From FamilyFun.Go.com)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails