Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Broccoli Cheese Chicken Casserole

Let's have a quick heart-to-heart. How often do you walk into your kitchen, have zero planned for dinner, throw your hands up in disgust, and just order a pizza?

Guilty as charged. Very guilty as charged.

But not this time. No ma'am. I had things in my fridge and pantry that needed to be used and a quickly-dwindling back account that didn't.

So what did I come up with? Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Casserole.

The name needs some work, but the dish is delish!

Ingredients (all were in my fridge/pantry, and I bet they're in yours too!)
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken
2 cans condensed broccoli and cheese soup
1 package frozen broccoli cuts, cooked and drained
1 12 ounce container sour cream
3 tbsp butter
1 pack butter crackers (about 30 crackers)

What You'll Do
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

Chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces and cook in a skillet until done, about 5 minutes (depending on the size of your chicken).


In a large bowl, combine condensed soup, broccoli (that has been cooked and drained -- I love Steamfresh for this!), and sour cream. Add chicken and mix well.


Spray a casserole dish (I used a 2-quart pan) lightly with cooking spray. Pour chicken mixture into pan and spread out evenly.


In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter. Put butter crackers into a zip lock bag and crush. Mix butter and crackers and spoon out on top of the casserole.

Bake in the oven 35 to 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly. I served this with a side of green beans (double the veggies) and mini roasted potatoes.




It makes great leftovers too!

1 comment:

Lyndsey said...

Hey Kimberly thanks for the comment - the letters on my blocks are scrap book paper cut with my cricut. But I have tried a few hand painted blocks and they turn out good too!!! Hope that answers your question!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails