Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Happy Mardi Gras!

I couldn't let today pass without at least one Mardi Gras mention, and since it happens to fall in Foodie February, how about Mardi Gras cupcakes?



Ingredients
French Vanilla boxed cake mix
Classic Vanilla icing
Purple, Green, Yellow sprinkles or sugar

What You'll Do
Mix the cake batter as instructed on the box. Line 24 cupcake molds with paper liner. (I spray the liner so it's easier to take out the cupcake, but it's totally up to you.) Fill the liners 2/3 of the way. Bake as instructed (about 20 minutes).

Once the cupcakes are out of the oven, cool to room temperature on cooling racks. Next, I put all the cupcakes on a platter, wrap in plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least an hour. I've found it helps the cakes retain their moisture. (I have no idea why.)

Frost the cupcakes as usual. As soon as you frost, decorate with sprinkles or sugar as you like.



For the Flags...

You'll Need
Scrapbook paper in purple, green, and yellow
Cricut machine
Accent Expressions cartridge

What You'll Do
First, cut 24 circles (I did 12 of yellow and purple) at 1 1/4". Then, cut 24 fleur-de-lis at 1".

With a glue stuck, I glued the fleur-de-lis to the circle. Then, on the back, I made a line with school glue and attached a toothpick. Let dry several hours. When you're ready to serve, place a flag in your cupcake and...

Laissez les bon temps rouler!!!






It's Mardi Gras! So I'm joining these blog parties.


Photobucket

DIY Day @ ASPTL

Blessed with Grace


The Girl Creative

Keeping It Simple

2 comments:

Expressions by Heather said...

Very yummy looking! I think they turned out cute!

Thank you so much for stopping by the Talented Tuesday at My Frugal Family link party, and adding this to the page! Don’t forget to stop back next week to see which links from last week are featured, and to add your new links!

Kaysi @ Keeping it Simple said...

How fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails