Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Cupcake Carnival: 13 Reasons I Will Not Be Attending a 12-Step Program

Hello, My name is Christy, and I’m a cupcake-a-holic.
Admitting I have a problem is as far as I’m going to go in the 12 step process. I have no interest in the other 11, and I have 13 cupcake links from my blog …from glitter to gumdrops to justify my unwillingness to be a part of any 12-step cupcake addiction program (do you sense denial?!?).
I wish I could tell you it was difficult to find 13 links to share….the only difficult part was weeding through all my cupcake adventures.
I WISH I could tell you I don’t have more than 13 cupcake ideas written down I plan to try…this month.
I wish I could tell you I have an amazing metabolism, and I run marathons. :insert hysterical laughing here:
How about I just tell you the thirteen excuses....I mean reasons I have for loving cupcakes more than dieting?!?!
*Links are attached to each number for recipes, step-by-steps, and sources I gathered ideas from for each post.
1. I love cupcakes, because even insects look cute buzzing around these little beast...I wish I could say the same about my hips and cupcakes!

LEMON HONEY CUPCAKES

2. I love cupcakes because they can improve the un-improvable...I didn't know I could love anything more than a Samoa cookie...until I discovered this....

SAMOA COOKIE CUPCAKE

3. I love cupcakes b/c they come in all sizes....from mini to GIANT....

CUPCAKE CAKE

4. I love cupcakes b/c you can wear them....I make dresses, and Jon-Jons for all my friend's kiddos on their first birthday...to match their cupcake cake (above).

CUPCAKE DRESS

5. I love cupcakes because you don't have to confine them to the dessert menu.

PIMENTO CHEESE CUPCAKES

6. I love cupcakes because you don't have to confine them to the HUMAN race!

PUPCAKE: A CUPCAKE FOR THE PUP

7. I love cupcakes b/c they can wear disguises.

TV DINNER CUPCAKES

8. I love cupcakes because you can disguise them as a drink.

MARGARITA CUPCAKE

9. I love cupcakes b/c you can disguise them as pie.

APPLE PIE CUPCAKE

10. I love cupcakes because when you give up candy for lent, you can make a candy cupcake....maybe I shouldn't be confessing that here....maybe I need to go to church a little earlier this Sunday and think about this a little further....

PEANUT BUTTER CUP CUPCAKE

11. I love cupcakes because you can serve them in jars...and I love jars almost as much as I love cupcakes...

CUPCAKE IN A JAR

12. I love cupcakes because you can link them with the second best dessert ever...the cookie.

COOKIE MONSTER CUPCAKES

13. I love cupcakes because they helped me fulfill my Mom's prediction for my life....I think she always suspected I'd run away and join a traveling carnival someday.
cupcakes

Thanks, Kimberly, for letting me hang out with other carnies, and cupcake addicts! I guess this post makes me an enabler, but what a fun addiction to pursue…and nobody gets hurt….assuming you stay away from the scale, right?

1 comment:

Karey Culp said...

I am also a cupcake a-holic (see my blog for proof haha)

Thanks so much for all of the great inspiration!

KareyEllen
KareyEllenDesigns.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails