Monday, June 21, 2010

Cupcake Carnival: Heidi from The Craft Monkey

The always-inspiring Heidi from The Craft Monkey has a great recipe for diabetics. I've got a few diabetics in my family, and I'm just not fair to them with all the cupcakes I made (loaded with sugar). Totally making these for my diabetics from now on. :) Kimberly

----------------------------------------------------

Once upon a time, I gave you Fat Free Cupcakes (that was kind of mean of me, huh?) Well today I have Sugar Free Cupcakes for you, for reals! I have to admit, I laughed out loud when I got an email from Kimberly inviting me to participate in the Cupcake Carnival. You see, I'm not a baker {don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to be}I have a hard time following directions, measuring, paying attention, etc., so you can imagine, baking is not really my thing!



Anyhoo, last year my huzby was diagnosed with diabetes, and ever since I have been trying to find yummy sugar free snacks for him. I found Sweet N Low Sugar Free Cake Mix & Sugar Free Frosting Mix and had to try it {plus, the directions are "just add water", right up my alley!}


Mix the package with water, {I like to use my Tupperware Mix N Store b/c it has a top that keeps the powdered mix from "poofing" out when I mix it} I also add a little splash of vanilla extract to make them taste more 'homemade'. Then pour into a cupcake tin, the downfall of this mix, the box says it makes 10 cupcakes, that's a random number, so I overfill mine & just make 6.



Aren't they pretty! The frosting is also a "just add water" mix, I find that it takes a little less water than the box calls for, or else you'll get a real runny icing. For these I added a little blue coloring just for fun.


So, there ya have it! Sugar Free Cupcakes! Considering these are a box mix AND sugar free, they are pretty good, and my huzby LOVES them!


Happy Day!
Heidi
www.TheCraftMonkey.blogspot.com




See something you like? Print it. Share it. Email it. But please, link back here when you do.

1 comment:

the lovely paper shop said...

my husband would love these too, since he is diabetic! i must make these!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails