Saturday, June 19, 2010

Cupcake Carnival: Lindsay from The Cottage Home



Hi, I'm Lindsay and I am visiting from the blog, The Cottage Home, and the etsy shop, The Cottage Mama. I'm so excited to be here on Kimberly's amazing blog to give you a little info. on my MOST favorite sweet shop in Chicago, Sweet Mandy B's. I love to cook, sew, and craft, but I am definitely not a baker - too much precise measuring for me. So when my sweet tooth gets going I prefer to buy my desserts and Sweet Mandy B's is number one in my book!!




Sweet Mandy B's
1208 West Webster Avenue
Chicago, IL 60614
773.244.1174 773.244.1174

If you ever take a trip to Chicago, stop on by Sweet Mandy B's in Lincoln Park. This shop is totally adorable and is one of the most charming places I've ever been - it's a modern day version of an old vintage sweet shop.



I used to live 3 blocks from Mandy B's when I was in college and it was the perfect treat after a tough exam or a long night of studying. Mandy B's carries all different kinds of sweets from cupcakes, bars, pies, cheesecakes, cookies, puddings and my most favorite of all, the "Dirt Cake".

The "Dirt Cake" is geared towards children, but it has always been my favorite! Layers of chocolate cake and pudding comprise the majority of this dish and it is topped with crushed oreo cookies and gummy worms. I am dreaming of this treat right now as I write this post.....mmmmmm!



We no longer live in downtown Chicago, but I still think of Sweet Mandy B's often. I tell everyone I know who lives or visits downtown Chicago to visit Mandy B's - trust me, it is worth the trip! I have yet to find another sweet shop that tops Mandy B's.


Thanks so much for having me today, Kimberly! You've got a great blog here and I'm so happy to have been a part of it! I hope you all will pop on over to The Cottage Home and check out some of my recipes and sewing/craft tutorials - have a great weekend!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails