Friday, June 25, 2010

Cupcake Carnival: Tierra from Pebbles and Poppys

Hi, my name is Tierra and I have a little blog called Pebbles and Poppys. I have many different things on there such as crafts, tutorials, recipes, photography, downloads and whatever else I can think of.

I was tickled pink to have Kimberly ask me to submit an idea for her wonderful Cupcake Carnival. I have so many ideas running through my head it's hard to choose. Here is what I came up with.

I have this daughter.... who has this aunt..... and they both love cupcakes. Every time they are together they have to make cupcakes. It's a tradition with them and it's always something they look forward to.

About a year ago Auntie decided to branch out with the cupcakes and get Caelan an apron with cupcakes all over it. Of course Auntie had to get a cupcake apron too. The two of them are so cute about their cupcake parties. It's even gotten Mom, Dad, Grandpa and Grandma hooked into the parties. (You see Caelan is the only girl on this side so anything girlie is so much fun.)


Auntie even got a baking pan that made a HUGE cupcake cake. I think Caelan was trying to claim the whole thing. That made us laugh a little.


We saw this book one day and HAD to get it for Auntie because it was so perfect. Auntie has a cat that she loves and what's better than giving a cat a cupcake?


For a lot of people that don't have the option of eating everything they want there is a website called Gluten Free Goddess. She has many different recipes for cakes and cupcakes that look really yummy and are gluten free. Click on the picture to take you to the post with all the recipes on it.


The other two blogs that my SIL sent me to are Coconut and Lime and Cupcake Project. Check them out. They are yummy recipes.

I also went to a local cupcake shop to try them out and ended up with 6 cupcakes instead of 2. Yeah right. Like I was going to only just get two. The cupcake shop is called Icing on the Cupcake.

Thank goodness the shop isn't just around the corner or I would have problems.

This cupcake I got for my son. Perfect right? It's called the Kiddie Cake.


My daughter loves pink so I knew this is the one she would choose. This one is called the Pink Delicious and it is their signature cupcake.


Here are some of my favorites that I bought. The Red Velvet is my favorite. I just love cream cheese frosting. The other two are Chocolate Macaroon and Caramel Apple. My husband doesn't like apple desserts and kept ribbing me about getting that one over the Mint Chocolate one. It's been two weeks and he still ribs me. *sigh* I think I am going to have to make him a chocolate mint something just make amends. I do have to say that the Caramel Apple one was good though.


The last cupcake of the bunch that I bought was the Raspberry Lemonade. That just makes your mouth water when you hear that right? It made my mouth water just biting into it too. It had a kick to it and a perfect balance of sweetness.


All in all I loved the cupcakes but I really don't want to ever go back in because they are kind of pricey. It was $15 for the 6. I split a dozen with a friend that came with me. For those that know me, I am a bargain shopper and that much on cupcakes is a once in a blue moon kind of purchase.

And to leave you with a little something for stopping by, I have created a printable card for you to download and use. Just click on the picture and it will take you to a website that you can download this for free. Enjoy!


Signature
www.pebblesandpoppys.blogspot.com



See something you like? Print it. Share it. Email it. But please, link back here when you do.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails