Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Take Out Topper

Take-out boxes are great for gifts, and many stores have started carrying them in decorative and holiday styles. I actually received this one (a frosted glass look) in a press kit a few weeks back and saved it just for this project.



Step 1: I found these wooden letters (2 for 99 cents) at Hobby Lobby. I had some basic red acrylic paint in a box at home from art projects past, so I bought some Martha Stewart fine glitter to match. I painted the letter red with a few coats of paint on all sides.





Step 2: When the paint was all dry, I slathered on school glue and covered it in glitter. When it was dry, I shook it off to check for spots where the glitter didn't cover. Then I put just a bit more glue and glitter to cover that up.





Step 3: I used Christmas crinkle paper to fill the box and stuffed the gift down in it. Then I took wrapping paper -- I'm all about using wrapping paper for lots of different things -- and wrapped it around the box, taping it on bottom.



Step 4: Hot glue or tape the letter on top. And you're done. You could add ribbon or yarn to the handle, tie on a tag or stick stickers on it. The recipient can keep the letter in addition to the gift!

2 comments:

René said...

I love the "J" all sparkly and festive. Very neat!

Shana said...

So cute! I've been seeing these boxes all over the place too! Love the embellishment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails