Monday, February 8, 2010

Buckeye Fun

Most people think of buckeye balls as a Christmas food, I've heard. And while it certainly deserves to be eaten during the holidays, come on... it's peanut butter and chocolate! Can I please eat it year 'round???

I'd never made a single buckeye ball until recently. And I totally cheated when I did. Make your own (and cheat) like me!


Ingredients
1 can (16 ounces) creamy peanut butter
1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
1 1/2 (1 pound) boxes powdered sugar
2 containers Baker's Dipping Semi-Sweet Chocolate


How I Cheat:


Directions
Beat peanut butter and butter with an electric mixer. (There's just no way to get it done by hand.) Gradually add powdered sugar, and beat until completely blended.

Get ready to get your hands dirty! -- Shape peanut butter mixture into 1-inch balls. Place on wax paper-lined cookie sheets.


Chill for at least 10 minutes.

Following instructions on packaging, melt chocolate.

Dip* each ball in chocolate until partially covered. Placed back on wax-paper lined cookie sheets to harden. Refrigerate if they're not hardening.


*How you dip the peanut butter ball is up to you. You can use a spoon, your fingers, magic. I take a toothpick, pierce the center and dip. When I place the chocolate-dipped peanut butter ball on the wax paper, I remove the toothpick and gently cover the hole. It really takes figuring out what works best for you.

Enjoy!


I'm linking up to these blog parties...

The Girl Creative

5 comments:

Jocelyn said...

These are some of my fav treats to make:-)

Meg said...

these look so good! Can you mail me some...lol.

Meg

Jill said...

Oh my word - you are killing me!!! I want to eat that whole sheet of them!

Patricia said...

Oh how yummy!!
You are so right ... they are not just for Christmas anymore... breakfast lunch and dinner spring to mind!!

I gave you an award at my blog! You inspire me!

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

This is probably my favorite recipe of all time! I just love these!

And yet, I was not aware of this "heat & dip chocolate" that comes in bowl. Great tip! I'll have to look for this next time I make candy.

Hope you'll stop by for my Sweet Thursday Valentine's Event.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails