Friday, March 5, 2010

St. Patty's Napkin Rings

I put away my Valentine's Day napkin rings a few weeks ago but just couldn't bring myself to put out my regular stuff just yet. (Call it a Christmas decorating hangover.) So I pulled out the same trick from V-Day: toilet paper or paper towel rolls plus some cloth. In this case, burlap.


Then I went to Hobby Lobby to look for inspiration for the decoration. In the clearance section, I found a few strands of gold and green jewelry beads. Perfect!

So here's what I came up with...





I cut a toilet paper roll into 1 1/2-inch sections, wrapped it in burlap and glued it down. With a needle and thread, I stitched jewelry thread through to the "front," stranded on beads, stitched it to the back and tied it off. You could use this idea for any holiday, any color, any theme, any time. It took me a total of maybe 1 hour to do everything, including drying time.

1 comment:

Georgia Girl said...

Kimberly, these are to cute and simple...love em! Have fun on your trip!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails