Monday, March 8, 2010

St. Patrick's Wreath

I have a thing for fun wreaths and doorway signs--especially the holidays kind. Unfortunately, in my apartment, I have little room for things to hang outside my apartment. And, I'm a tad afraid to hang anything too expensive outside for fear it will grow legs and "walk away." So, I make indoor wreaths. Here, my verrry inexpensive St. Patrick's Day wreath.


You can do it too for next to nothing!

What You'll Need
Wreath form - like the one available at dollar stores
Glue
Burlap
Foam shamrocks (or foam to cut your own) - I found a these in a pack of 12 for $1.79
Circle cutter or punch (These are 1.5 inch circles)

What You'll Do
- Wrap the wreath form in burlap. Let glue dry.




- Punch or cut circles in colors and patterns of your choice.

- Glue shamrocks and circles to the wreath in any pattern you chose.

- That easy. Really!

2 comments:

Georgia Girl said...

Another cute idea! I don't have a craft store where I live, just Walmart but maybe I can find some shamrocks..I have all the other items and this is cute also...

Sad to know you can't hang something out without those legs and hands jumping down and taking a stroll...

Kel said...

Great idea! I know my 3 and 5 year old will love helping in that project!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails