Cake Batter Ice Cream with colorful sprinkles. Topped with dark chocolate Hershey's sauce and a cherry.
Cake Batter Ice Cream (makes enough for a 1 1/2 quart ice cream maker)
Adapted from allrecipes
1 cup milk
1/2 cup white sugar
2 egg yolks, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups heavy whipping cream
3/4 cup white cake mix, sifted
(Save the egg whites and the remaining cake mix for your cupcakes.)
1. In a saucepan, whisk together milk, sugar, egg yolks, vanilla extract, whipping cream and white cake mix. Cook over medium-low heat until ice cream mixtures reaches 160 degrees F. Stir frequently to keep mixture from sticking. Once ice cream mix reaches desired temp, remove from heat and place the saucepan in the fridge or freezer until the mixture is cold.
2. Pour the chilled mixture into the ice cream maker and freeze according the ice-cream maker directions. When the ice cream reaches a soft serve consistency, stop the maker and place the ice cream in a one- or two-quart plastic container to freeze.
3. For a fun punch - add sprinkles to the ice cream and stir it through the ice cream.
Use remaining cake mix (from an 18.25 oz box), two egg whites 1 1/3 tbsp vegetable oil, and just shy of 2 cups of water. Follow directions on cake mix box, baking 21-24 minutes.
Makes about 15 cupcakes.
Pineapple Cherry Cream Cheese Frosting
1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
1 stick of butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 box (16 ounce) box powdered sugar
1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
1/2 cup maraschino cherries, chopped into small bits.
1. With an electric mixer, combine cream cheese and butter until well combined. Add powdered sugar a little at a time, until well combined. Add vanilla and mix.
2. Stir in (with a spoon, not mixer) pineapple and cherries. For a little color, you can add cherry juice, but don't get it too thin. If you want more color, add a drop or two of red food coloring.
3. Frost cupcakes and enjoy! Top with a cherry if you want.
And tomorrow - I'll have cupcake flags for you to download. Be sure to check back!
See something you like? Print it. Share it. Email it. But please, link back here when you do.