Monday, October 4, 2010

Door Handle Decoration Tutorial

Did everyone have a good weekend? I spent the entire weekend with my mom and my brother. We toured the University of Alabama-Birmingham, relaxed, watched some football, and took in this beautiful fall weather we're finally having down here. We also did some crafting, and I can't wait to share with you what all we came up with.

For now, here's a tutorial for the door handle jack o' lanterns I posted Friday. It would be so fun to make ghosts, monsters, or witches like I made these jack o' lanterns.


Place two popsicle sticks horizontally. Then stack popsicle sticks vertically. You can glue the popsicle sticks together, then paint them.



Or, you can paint each individual stick, then glue them together after everything is dry. I did one each way, and I think it's easier to glue together, then paint. But it's up to you.

I used one of the Glidden Paint Testers I got a few months back when they were doing a giveaway. The color is Pumpkin Patch. Very fitting, I think.


Using black felt (a sheet of felt is about 50 cents at Hobby Lobby), cut out a jack o' lantern face. Use the internet for inspiration, as there are lots of fun faces out there.

Then hot glue (or craft glue) the pieces of face onto the popsicle stick background.


Cut a longer piece of felt (or ribbon), hot glue it to the back, and let cool/harden.


Then you're all done. So simple and fun!





See something you like? Print it. Share it. Email it. But please, link back here when you do.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails